Saturday, November 21, 2015

Nurturing Brotherly Love? I told you my brothers' sad story for a purpose.

Why did you tell me that sad story? It seems like yesterday that my boy brothers were wrestling on the ground. Now they are separated by eternity, it seems. They will see each other again, I hope. I celebrated their births and nurtured their relationship some, in my early Christian pilgrimage. I was cast off from them, before they were fully ripe.

14 years old there was coal in the stocking of an angry young man and I reproved my father and mother deeply for this horrid vindication of their parental rightness. I don't think we should use Christmas for teaching such lessons. They were hurt and I couldn't know how much they were hurt. I still think you have other ways of disciplining a wayward son. He was very sad at the loss of elder sisters to College and Husbands and life. He was acting out. I would give him whatever money could buy to show the mercy of God to a son of mine. Poverty has kept me from pouring on you in such a way. God knows that our time is more valuable than any coal or diamond gift.
don't miss the greatness of being an older brother and a younger brother at the same time
Momma

No comments: