Monday, September 24, 2012

Mother, you are not on key!

I love the day when my children express that they hear my off notes. It means that they are not tone deaf, like their father. It was a great delight to hear your critique,this morning. You are learning to discern from a good music teacher and I hope that this discernment will do you good. I hope that you will blow your clarinet for God's glory. I hope that you will be severe on yourself to practice and make music for the glory of God. There is always praise and worship, in heaven. We are always preparing to meet the Lord and to worship Him in the knowledge of His infinite perfection. We won't have a choice to praise. His perfection will draw it out of us. Neither will we have a critical word for the fellow worshippers. We will all be perfectly tuned to sing God's praise. Flat or sharp is now our constant struggle. Where is the note? Where is the song? Those are the questions for time. Repetition seems tedious now, especially in the eighth grade. Why do we have to do the same thing over and over again? Why are we just repeating lessons and trying to get it just right? We are learning and growing and getting tuned to sing God's praise, on key, when we get there. Do you think I'll get on key, in time? :)

No comments: