Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another Charrette, to write a sentence? :)

I love the amount of time that you take talking about something and the amount of time that you take completing it. If you talked about it a little less and wrote a little more, we would have been alright with this one. 5 paragraphs? 2 hours the most? How about 8 hours! I do love wrestling language out of you talking walkers. What do I say? What do I say about it? I said this and this and this. You said 500 paragraphs about the terrier. Let's boil the water and boil it down to only 5 paragraphs. Which ones? Which paragraphs? Mom, just because I said that doesn't mean it goes into the project. Why not? You are late. I am learning about you through these inconveniences. I am learning which paragraphs in the Walker word store, you will lose and which you will keep. No, mom, I can't say that. Why? You said it a hundred times to me. Because!
Because, means I don't understand that there are rules that the teacher laid down and the million words that he used to describe the terrier, don't make the cut. Okay! Make the cut already. I stand on the sidelines and watch the words run by Ethan and he is making the last cut, here and there. This goes, this stays. A tedious process for Walkers. I can see why now, with my 5th one wrestling with me. They are players and some of them look good and some of them sound good, but only the best will get into the 5 paragraphs. I could not imagine that philosophy when I was helping Ben, or Elyse, or any of the other Walkers, here and there. Ethy speaks my language and is comfortable enough to tell me the difference. Pick that one, I say. No! There has to be an argument, or it isn't worth the effort. Last minute ditch effort or not, there will be a fight. I am learning to love the wrestle.

No comments: