Monday, October 20, 2008

God's boys are good boys!






How can a young man keep his way pure? Ethan, loves God and loves his family and his inventions and making the world a funny place to live in. I just love seeing that about him.
This weekend I was astonished at the strength and physical helpfulness that I received from him, not having to ask numerous times. He is not yet trusted to complete the task to my liking but a good effort is noted. I love how he doesn't take it for granted that I will accept his effort, but he asks me, "am I finished with this?" No! is said a number of times and I have to point out what completion means to me. I would rather have him complete the job without the numerous interjections and interactions about basic things such as what does it mean to pick up the toys from the floor. He is becoming a responsible 9 year old and that means picking up and much interaction will make him the kind of man that can communicate effectively to other's his intentions and expectations. I have to remember that when I am barking out the orders and engage him in the process as well.


The fact that Horatio Nelson grew up in a large, God-fearing and godly family contributed to his effectiveness as a leader of men in his generation. He had a way with men to cause them to spend themselves past where they were and to show courage unto death that attracted people to him and made him a hero at Trafalgar.
I don't want you to follow Horatio in war, my son. I want you to beat your swords to plowshears and follow Horatio to lead men to be courageous in fighting against their lusts and against the enemies of their souls and families, in the same way that Horatio influenced men to be courageous for the things of this world.

No comments: