Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mr. Squirrel wouldn't leave me,


I noted, as I was wondering at the determination of Mr. Beatle going around and around on that trunk of that tree. Where am I going? I thought, am I going around in circles like the beatle on the tree? I am trying to find my older brothers and sisters, they have gone on before me and I am trying to find the path that they took. I can't see them and they can't see me.
With that I started down the road. There was only dirt under my feet at first. The thicket was to the right and beyond that was the marsh and the river. I dare not go to the river, no matter how curious my mind is to know what wonders are there near the water. Mother said to stay on the path and I would find the brothers and sisters just past the patch of trees.
My mind wants to wander down to the river and see the frogs and the herrons that are sunbathing and swimming. That is not good. Who will I listen to right now?

No comments: