Sunday, July 14, 2019

Almost Twenty-Chapter One-Of Ethan's Travels to New York


Almost Twenty!

Strong and Wise?

Ethan the Ezrahite,  I will sing of the mercies of the Lord FOREVER.

I went home from carrying the sweet middle boy into the gate of manhood for our family.  Some gates of manhood are right in our own community and in the close proximity.  It is just like my wise boy to chart his own path into manhood.  Work and travel and paying his own way and paying bills and caring for others is a wonderful school for a young boy.  
So many times God has awakened me to pray for the manhood of this one as the others.  This is a hard trip for this one.
The only mention of nerves was, “I have got butterflies in my tummy now!” Even strong men will mention that they have butterflies. 
My father would have been proud of the quiet determination of the Ethan man.  He loved to think that he had raised us all to be “Men’s Men!”  Fierce and Fearless in the face of danger and able to fight the fiercest foe with no backing down.  
The only thing Bodden girls fear is their shadow.  You don’t fear your shadow and I am glad to know that.  I simply can’t wait to hear your journey’s story and how it will grow you and make you the man of God that He intends to use in this generation.

“Late in the midnight hour…” was the chant in your heart as you launched last night.  Be the light of that city as you are to this city!  Strong and Wise!  Lights don’t make a lot of noise!

Almost Twenty!


No comments: