Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Today is the gift exchange?

You are looking forward to the gift exchange. You are so excited. Christmas brings out an amazing light in your eyes, that I do love to see. I am so glad that I didn't miss the excitement that you showed at the DARE graduation. You really reminded me of your father, the very first time I saw him deaconning at his church.
I had on my peach pleated skirt and I visited the church. I don't think that he saw that I was there. He was sitting in the front of the church and falling asleep, until the offering time. He was a junior deacon and it was his job to take up the collection. When he saw me, he stood just like you stood at the DARE graduation. His shoulders came up to his neck and his head went to the side, and I couldn't help but say, I wonder what happened to him? He was excited and his posture showed the excitement that was his. I almost did just the same thing that you did, when you saw me. Except, there were too many people who couldn't see, if I would have stood up to clap for you. I was so grateful to see you.
Attention is a wonderful light into the soul. Enjoy every minute of it!

No comments: