Monday, February 16, 2009

What does this look mean?

It means you are angry? was the answer from my happy Ethan. Everytime I look you in the eye it means I am angry to you? No, just that look...
What is a mother to do when her every look means she is angry? Confess and repent and change your behavior, was the reproof of the nine year old.



Last night, he said, when we raise our hands in worship it is somewhat to God, but it is mostly for us, so that he would pick us up, isn't it mommy? He was somewhat pining that he is not as small to be carried on Dad's shoulders, like baby brother and recounting the wonder of being in the worship of God with His people on His Day. The Lord is my shepherd, I can raise my hands in worship and know that He can always put me on the shoulders even at 9 and even at 47. God is good. Worship is to God and for us.
If the end of my parenting means that my children are learning to lean upon the Lord and that the limitations of Mommy and Daddy are not limitations to God, I will be glad. I can't always be happy with you, Ethan, but I can always love you.

He will guide me with His eye and afterward receive me to glory...


Come, Lord Jesus!

No comments: