Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When I stumbled out of bed,

and walked out of the door of my bedroom, I found a spinning boy in the hallway. Aimlessly spinning and singing and spinning like a planet. He knew that this was the wrong thing to be doing at 6:30 am. He knew that I would reprove him for such aimlessness, so he just stopped. I wanted to say what were you thinking about, Ethan. What was the motive and thought behind that movement in the morning. I don't even have the energy to get out of the bed this morning much less, to spin like a top at the top of the stairs, just tell me what you were thinking and maybe it will make me spin like that too. He didn't think that I was going to say that, so he stopped and I went about my business and he went about what he was supposed to be doing.
Sometimes all that's needed to bring order is the presence of a parent. Thank God for the grace to be that to him.

No comments: